I have probably been asked "How is married life" a hundred times. Sometimes by the same people. How is married life?
Justin and I have barely been married 2 months, so its all pretty new and its all been pretty great. The first few weeks we were on our honeymoon and it was incredible. We spent a few days in Orlando checking out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and riding rides at Universal Studios. I feel like I could write an entire post about the Wizarding World alone, so I think I will! Look for that soon... hopefully. Then we spent some time at an all inclusive resort in Cancun Mexico which was also amazing. When the honeymoon was coming to an end, I was kinda bummed but that was over shadowed by how excited I was for Justin and I to get back to Reno and start married life. I could not wait to move into our new house and turn it into our home.
Now moving is never fun, but it was nice having a lot of space to put things and deciding what would go where. We have done a lot of unpacking and organizing, as well as a lot of shopping for furniture and things we need. This was all easy because Justin and I are both so laid back. He was good with any decision I wanted to make and we agree on just about everything. One of the many things we both agreed on was having a great couch that we could spend a lot of time on, and we sure have. When people ask "what is it like living with Justin?" or "how is it not living with Liz?" the answer is simple... its very similar, except a little more cuddling. Liz and I loved to eat together and watch TV together and Justin and I are the same. Just about all the shows I watched with Liz, Justin enjoys too, except Gossip Girl, so not much has really changed in that sense.
Justin is not a fan of shopping but he is when food is involved. Grocery shopping has become a fun weekend activity we do together and this has made my life a lot easier because Justin and I both do not eat meat so I never have to have things I cannot eat in my freezer and refrigerator anymore and just about everything is fair game now. Also, food hardly ever goes to waste. Justin is the best at eating my unwanted leftovers, but sometimes wanted leftovers go missing as well.
So to answer everyone's question married life is great, maybe we are sill in that 'honeymoon' phase but I think I just found the right person that matches me well. Its wonderful coming home to someone who cannot wait to hug you and hear about your day and who will do the dishes. I'm unsure how long he will love to do all my dishes but I'm willing to make it worth it and take over from time to time. Long distance the last four years have made Justin and I great communicators and this could be one of the many reasons these major life changes have been so easy for us.We also have a lot of the sames wants for our futures which is very important. Its also crazy how comfortable I have become in front of Justin. The poor guy has to put up with all my weirdness I usually keep to my self but he for some reason thinks it's cute. I have no idea what married life is like for other people but I really think it is suiting me well. Maybe I got lucky but these last few months have been wonderful and I cannot wait for what our future holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment