Monday, July 18, 2011

My DIY Eco Sun Lamp

I have been stumbling onto a lot of craft websites lately and found one that showed how to make a solar lamp and I knew I had to make one for myself! This is the website I used (http://www.instructables.com/id/Home-made-Sun-Jar/)and below is how I decided to do it along with my final product!!

First I got a small solar garden light at Walmart for only $2!!! It was the kind that didn't require batteries so I was stoked about that.

Then the top part (the piece with the light and solar panel) just popped right off. 


Then I found a jar for only $3.85 that had a lid just about the right size for my solar panel piece. I used a little of the blue sticky stuff (Blu Tack) and stuck it around the solar panel piece.


I then made it fit snugly inside the lid of the jar. 


Then with tissue paper (instead of the more expensive tracing paper or frosting spray), I made my own little design and taped it on the the jar. 


Then I turned of the light and Ta-Da!! My own little jar of sun!! <3 


1 comment:

  1. A $6 DIY lamp? That looks cool! But the good part about this piece is that it is solar-powered. It can serve as a decoration piece while drawing energy during daytime and lighting up the place during night time! It is functional and creative at the same time. [Allison Shallenberger]

    ReplyDelete